Friday, November 30, 2007

Your brief attention once more, please

Given that i've only recently revived this blog, i've tried not to post more than once in a single day. However there are a couple of things i'd like to draw to your attention and seeing how they have nothing to do with Calgary Egmont, I figured i'd avoid lumping it in with whatever my next post may bring.

First, and I meant to do this in my last post, sincere best wishes to fellow blogger Daveberta who celebrated his birthday on Friday. If you're a regular reader of this blog, you should be a regular reader of Dave's as well. Our viewpoints differ on pretty much everything, but we get along famously and, more importantly, we both have an inexplicable passion for Alberta politics.

And, as a special birthday present for Dave, i'm going to say something nice about the CBC.

There were two extraordinarily well-done pieces on The National tonight that I want to pass along in case you missed them.

The first was a mini-doc profiling some of very interesting players in the fight against AIDS in Vancouver. Given that tomorrow is World Aids Day, its timeliness is profound.

The second is the latest installment of Rex Murphy's Point of View. Not only does he nail the rationale behind the federal government's rejection of Kyoto, but he (hopefully) gets us all thinking about what really needs to happen at the upcoming UN Climate Change chinwag in Bali.

Finally, a quick note for those of you who are going to be on the prowl for news from tomorrow's PC Alberta Executive meeting as it relates to the situation in Calgary Egmont. I will make every endeavour to post whatever information I have in a timely manner. Please be aware, however, that i'm currently in Kelowna with my family and may not be at the keyboard with lightning speed. You can, of course, count on a full analysis from my point of view by day's end (unless, of course, I don't get any word about what goes down).

No comments:

Post a Comment